VBall and Tweak

As of this year I am not playing volleyball anymore. I played since I was about 8 years old, so it's kind of bittersweet. The book Tweak has reminded me to not take anything for granted. Now I will admit that I did take the sport of volleyball and the opportunities for granted. My parents spent thousands of dollars on club volleyball for me to improve and become a better player. I did improve, however, not as much as I could have.
I first got into volleyball because my cousin played and I look up to her so much. I loved the sport until it started becoming a chore. I hated going to practices and even more tournaments. This past year was my last year playing club. But just about every other weekend, I would have to travel to Chicago for a tournament. Honestly, the thing I looked forward the most was the resturaunts, shopping, and going crazy in the hotel rooms with my teamates. Obviously, my head was not in the right place. This kind of reminds me of Nic because he knows what where his focus should be, but it isn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment