I guess I'm not the only one...

Being the age that I am, I feel like all my dad ever does is keep me locked up. He keeps the leash tight, and the collar even tighter. Recently, however, he's loosened the reigns a little bit. He also has a very short lived temper. He always thinks he's right no matter what. And when things don't go his way, you better "watch the F*** out" (in his own words). But turns out, I'm not the only one. Tina Fey's dad acts exactly like mine. One day, her dad got in his head that he wanted to clean the carpets. He was going to do this by renting a rug shampooer. Knowingly, Mrs. Fey said "those things never work". However, he didn't let the rain on his parade effect him. So, him and Tina proceeded to get the rug shampooer along with the shampoo. When they arrived home, Tina was ordered to go outside and play while her dad cleaned the carpets. 5 mins later...Tina hears commotion inside. Her dad was cursing. Objects were being flung everywhichway. He flung the back screen open while throwing the bottles of shampoo on the back porch. The rug shampooer followed in a complete mess. "Your mother...is a witch!" "She cursed me!" The shampooer of course didn't work. "The godd*mn thing is defective." My dad....acts the same exact way. And on top of that he would make it so much more dramatic by letting the hose of the rug shampooer flop around purposely just to aggravate him. GOTTA LOVE EM!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I love this blog already. My parents are super strict as well and they have recently started to cut me a little slack!

    ReplyDelete